2.24.2010

Tea Fall

I can't seem to sleep for some reason, so I figured I'd come be productive with something. So here's a little story that made me smile this weekend that I don't want to forget down the road.

A couple of nights ago we were at my in-laws house visiting with Tim's aunt who is in town. My MIL had to run to the store and since I needed a couple things I decided to go with. Mason, who has been a cling on to me for a few days, saw I was going out and insisted on going. We headed to the store, I picked up a few items and some groceries for school, checked out, loaded the car and headed back. 

My MIL placed a can of tea bottles on the back seat of the car next to Mason. While driving I had to stop and turn on the road, so the case of tea slide from the seat and fell. From the backseat of the car we hear Mason cry out, "Tea Fall!" We thought he was just narrating the events and said yes that it had, but it was okay. Well apparently that wasn't enough for him, because he proceeded to announce over and over again that the tea had fallen. At least 50 times in the course of the few minutes it took to get back to Papa's house. 

Upon entering the house, I began to tell Tim about the story and Mason's insistence on talking about the tea falling, when Mason decided to tell everyone with the fervor of a 2 year old, that the tea had fallen in the car. Repeating it over and over again! On the car ride home he repeated stated, "tea fall, tea fall, tea fall" all the way home. It was quite funny how set he was on telling us over and over about this little incident, and how much it was important to him. We carried the groceries inside and assured him the tea was fine and put him to bed. 

If only the story ended here. In the morning I drove Tim to work. Mason was in the backseat while Tim and I were chatting up front. Both of us not making any mention to him about the tea from the night before, when all of a sudden he calls out to us, "tea fall!" reminding us once again of the previous night's incident in the car. He's so cute about certain things, and it's always interesting to me to see what strikes his fancy. Kid's sure keep you smiling :) I know I can't drink tea at lunch without thinking about him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment