2.11.2010

My sweet little guy

I give my son a hard time. I suppose I have such a high standard that I want him to achieve, that sometimes I don't consider that he's 2! I've not even reached the standards I've set, he certainly won't.

So today after work, while I was just enjoying my time with Mason, running errands and doing things at home, God just showed me how wonderful Mason is. In spite of the 2 year old tantrums, learning boundaries, struggle of wills. sharing toys, and learning how to function in the family, Mason really is a great little boy.

Mason loves to laugh and loves to be tickled, wrestled, and rough housed to show that he loves you back.

Mason worries when another child gets hurt and show empathy, compassion and love.

Mason doesn't like time out, but when it's over, he sits and listens while we follow up and explain the reason and confirm we love him. We're starting to see him respond to the discipline and mold his will to our home boundaries. As well and mind our authority and respect our positions.

Mason enjoys to be creative, expressive, active and vocal. All things that will help him grow into a leader and a strong man.

Mason quiets himself when we pray and is so gentle in holding hands while we come before God.

Mason enjoys life in such a pure, honest, simple way. A way that I should embrace more often.

I saw all this, because not every kid is so great. Some kids are not fortunate to have families and friends to invest in their lives and they don't have someone to teach them better, and some kids do have families but won't soften their hearts to love and are just mean kids.

Mason's a great kid. I feel such a huge weight of responsibility to do a good job. I don't want to let him down as a mom and I want to do right before God because He's been so gracious to bless me with the job of Mason's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment