2.01.2010

Refreshed

As one of Tim's Christmas presents he got a weekend away with me. I planned it out with his parents and we got 2 nights in Orlando at their Disney timeshare :) So fun. I've been looking forward to it all month!

We both took off of work Friday to leave early, packed up our stuff and headed up to Orlando. Mason packed his McQueen bag and we dropped him off at Papa's house for the weekend.

The weekend was wonderful. We relaxed, laid in bed past 7 am, ate at every restaurant we wanted, strolled through the mall, shopped at a couple stores, enjoyed Downtown Disney, watched a movie at a movie theater for the first time in months, and just enjoyed being adults without being parents for a couple days.

We both missed Mason. Not that we haven't left him for a weekend before, but as he gets older our little family has become quite fun and we've enjoyed being like the three musketeers. At the same time, while we missed him, talked about him and shopped for him, the time away to enjoy each other was wonderful. I can't say I didn't look for a little boy running around the shopping racks, but it was nice to go into a store or restaurant and take my time and enjoy it.

I know there are a lot of parents who aren't able to leave their children to go away, but as I invest more and more in my marriage, I learn more and more how important it is for parents to enjoy each other outside of the roles of mom and dad. And while Mason missed us, gave me tons of kisses, cuddles and hugs since I've been home, the being apart was good for all of us. Tim and I enjoyed each other and Mason has been an angel since we've been home.

So it's Monday, and I'm refreshed in my role as Mommy, wife and everything else. Sometimes we just need to get away and rest to come back with a fresh view on everything we left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment