1.27.2010

High Lows

At Hitched we do high/low about our week. While today was my high going back to Hitched, it was a low to hear about Missy. Missy was a 38 year old woman from our church who suffered with breast cancer. I tried to go and see her a couple of weeks ago, but she didn't want visitors and I wasn't able to make it back in time to visit with her again.

I'm happy that she passed in a way. She stated she knew the Lord so now her spirit is with Jesus. At the same time my heart breaks for her children who are here without her. Especially her little ones. All I think, is if I were to die right now, and it was my son, he'd grow up never knowing me. So my heart breaks for the ones she left behind. The little ones, and older ones, that will live without a mommy. No one should ever have to live without a mommy.

I wish I had done more to comfort her. I wish I knew what to do now. I want to do something. Lord, please show me what to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment