1.12.2010

Shoes :)

I love shoes!  And I LOVE shoes on sale.

This morning I woke up to no water. Not a drop. It was so cold last night in our part of warm and sunny Florida that our pipes froze. Yup, after sleeping past the alarm clock and needing to get out of the house in time we had no water and no way to get ready. FUN!

So after confirming my in-laws had water I packed us up and headed over there to get ready. Yeah! Only to get half way through a shower and have the water pressure disappear! Seriously, here too!

Okay, today is going to be day of success in challenges, not just challenges. So I told myself through 2 1/2 hours of a cold classroom followed by 2 1/2 hours of a hot classroom. Tired, tired, and more tired, I was determined to be happy.

I needed to make a quick trip to Target to grab a box for shipping a necklace to a customer. Of course Target didn't have the box I needed, but in a quick walk through the store, my eye spotted a pair of shoes I'd seen the week before on sale 30% off. I hadn't bought them because 30% off is a tease. It's a sale in waiting. Today I had scored the jackpot! 75% clearance :) Could it be, could my day get wonderful with a pair of tiny girl shoes on sale? Oh yes it could.

You ask, what's the big deal, it's a shoe sale? It's not just a shoe sale, it was a God thing. I love shoes, and I love giving gifts and I love having gifts to give that I buy on sale! So after considering the next couple of birthdays coming up and a very sweet little girl who needed shoes mailed to her I grabbed a few pairs. Happiness. :)

Then I considered a couple of friends who might love clearance shoes and made a few calls. Picked out more shoes and the found a couple pairs for myself at super cheap prices.

It took a few minutes, and it seems really trivial, but after a rough day that could have ended terribly a few minutes in a sale aisle of shoes made it better. God knew I needed it. I needed to feel successful in finding something I enjoy, in giving happiness to someone else and it sharing with friends.

Off to bed, hope there's water in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! :) Who says God doesn't care about the little things, huh?!?

    ReplyDelete