3.09.2011

Second time around

As a second time mom, I've been thinking about all the things I'll do different, all the lessons I've learned and all that kind of jazz.....final conclusions are:

1. The reason you wake up at a certain time in the morning (or night) during the end of pregnancy is because God is really trying to be kind to you and train you on what time your baby will wake up. So just accept it, embrace it and move on. Hello 5 a.m. I believe we are going to become good friends for a while.

2. I am totally going to screw things up. My kid will still be okay.

3. Sleep training is awesome, but somewhere before 3 years old everything changes and they walk into bed with you at night and you never even know because you're so tired. I won't be so rigid on a routine this time.

4. I'm going to snuggle a little more and stress about the house a little less. Investing in a cleaning lady to do the work for me.

5. I'll listen to other people less and my own instincts more.

6. It is totally acceptable for me to wear pj's all day at home those first few weeks.

7. Labor is hard....otherwise they wouldn't call it labor. I won't feel bad for any choice I make on how to deliver my child or whether I use pain meds or not. I want to enjoy his birth as much as possible, not be so miserable that I need it over and then feel awful. No one gets a trophy when you leave the hospital for enduring the most pain, we all take our babies home.

8. My body has gone through some major changes due to pregnancy and it took 10 months to make happen, if I don't fit into my sexy jeans in the first weeks, or even months, it's not the end of the world. I'll get there in time and I am going to enjoy the mean time knowing I made a healthy beautiful baby with this body.

9. Sleep deprivation sucks....I am going to take care of myself and rest as much as I can while my boys rest. I won't say no to help and try to be super mom on my own. I need others in my life to pick me up and carry me a long. My husband really rocks in this area. I will let him know more how much I appreciate him.

10. I never have and never will be able to control things or make things perfect. These boys are not really even mine, as much as I try to tell myself they are. They totally belong to God and I'm just here in the meantime supposed to be doing what He tells me to do with them. I have to trust He knows what is best and will guide, protect, and lead all our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment