10.02.2010

Hapy Birthday Mason!

Happy 3rd birthday my little goober!!!! It's early and you're already up and going playing with Tia and the dogs. Today is going to be such a busy day filled with a lot of excitement and fun. But before we being all the partying, I wanted to take a minute in the semi-quiet house to just think about you for a minute.

This is your last birthday in our house where you're the only little one! The thought of that brings tears to my eyes because while I know we will be greatly blessed by your little sister or brother, it also makes me a little sad that our time together as a family of just three won't last forever. We've had an amazing time together in our little family.

So as we go into this next year, I want you to know how incredibly amazing you make my life. Even in the midst of your tantrums and challenges, throwing fits, invoking your will or whatever else we face together, my world has been turned upside down since the day of your arrival and I can't ever imagine my life any other way. You grow me, challenge me, brighten my world and show me God in a new way every single day.

I am so proud of the little man you are becoming. So proud of your kind heart towards friends, even though sharing can be an issue at times. :) Proud of your understanding. Proud of your open heart toward God and your sweet spirit. Because I know in my heart those are the qualities that will grow you into an amazing man.

Today we're going to have a giant Cars party for you, at your insistent request. And if you get only cars toys this year it is because that is all you've told people for months! The theme is "Racing into 3" which is quite fitting for your little life as you race toward everything in life to enjoy it and grow in it. Today I want to thank God for you being in my life for it has shaped me and shown me purpose and passion. Thank you for being my sweet boy. I so look forward to everyday God grants us together. My prayer is I will have a long and healthy life to see you become His amazing man.

Happy 3rd birthday my little man!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment