10.30.2010

Baby planning stuff

Baby planning....so much fun, especially when you have time to think about things and figure out what you want. With MJD I felt so different, he was so much more rambunctious, busy and bold in utero while I was pregnant and it was a totally different way of thinking with him.

This baby already feels so different and it's so interesting to pray for him, learn about him and think about all the ways he's going to be similar and different from his big brother.

Names.....we're working on it. We've narrowed our top three names down, Mason has his favorite already from the list but we're waiting to make sure we've really got the right name. Middle names have been narrowed down to the final two.

Decorations......Gabi should be coming down next weekend and we're swapping some furniture, then I hope to get into the room and start cleaning things out of the closet, figuring out paint colors and bedding and then get his furniture into the room.

Rather than take away from MJD and change up his world, we decided to keep his life as much the same as possible for the next year and through the first year of the baby being here, so we're going to leave him in his room and redo the guest room for little bean. We picked up an amazing deal on nursery furniture via Craigslist early on in the pregnancy and have a very nice white furniture set. (Like I said, it seems like everything has been different with this little boy, all the way down to how I want his room to feel.)

I've been looking at a lot of bedding sets, but this one seems to be the one I keep coming back to. Something calming and sweet about the elephants, and I really love the brown and green combination. Love this blanket too and might use this as the bedding focus rather than the quilt.

I'm also thinking about paint colors and have to narrow things down to some shades of green and khaki. Thinking about painting the room two colors and using a white chair rail along the middle of the wall to break it up and add more white accents.

Oh, so much fun.....so much to think about.

Once his name is settled down I've got a beautiful idea of his wall decoration that is growing in my mind. Hoping I can execute it to match the picture in my mind. Thinking along the lines of a dictionary entry with all the qualities that I want to define his life.

1 comment:

  1. Sooo sweet - I love the green and brown and the elephants! I also like the idea about the name - very cool! Can't wait to see what all you come up with

    ReplyDelete