3.24.2010

WhooHoo! Couponing at work.

So excited! For the last few weeks I've been working on trimming our meager family budget even more in hopes of saving money for a few "wants." Part of my plan is to be trimming money on groceries by using coupons. My girlfriend Kara introduced me to SouthernSavers. I read it and started trying to figure it out, much to my frustration. So after a few weeks I was feeling too overwhelmed and frustrated and was ready to give it up.

Then this past weekend I saw some coupons for some baby items, (which I no longer need) but was going to pass on to our tech guy at work whose wife is expecting. So I handed them to him in passing and told him to give them to Courtney.... anyways, he came to my classroom, we started chatting and he brought up the couponing issue. So after explaining my frustration he sat down and showed me how to do it the right way. Turns out my superior organization was biting me in the butt because I was organizing myself the wrong way. So now that I've gotten a better handle on things, and did some more research. I went tonight after Hitched and gave it a try the right way. So when I checked out I paid $12.04 for my groceries and save $33.46! Not bad if I do say so myself. Definitely going to keep going at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment