7.23.2009

Praying for Meikah and praising for moments with Mason

The hardest thing to endure as a mother is the pain of your child. When Mason falls and gets hurt, bonks his head, is sick or has surgery, my heart fears, waits and gets anxious. I'd do anything, give anything, endure anything to protect my child. Especially since he's so little that he can't physically, verbally, emotionally, etc. protect himself from harm. So many times I have to be the one that protects him from himself as he often runs toward things that might injure him.

So as I read updates and information on Meikah's progress and struggles through her disease, surgeries, and so much more my heart breaks for her parents. So young and so uncertain of her future. It makes me grateful for every healthy moment with Mason. And it reminds me to slow down, take a break and just savor the time I have with him. Because none of us are promised tomorrow.

Because of all that, I've sat in really teeny tiny places today to play with him, wound up race cars a million times, ate ice cream with him in front of the tv an hour before dinner, took him to the potty after he went pee, just because he wanted to, bit into a felt banana because he insisted on feeding me, and gave up time with my friends because Mason came first. Today he's healthy, happy and right now wrestling with the dog. For each moment of happiness I'll give thanks.

To follow Meikah and her progress check out http://cotaformeikahh.com

Thank God for the joy you have with your children today. You'll need to remember it one day when you have to endure sorrow with them. You'll treasure those precious moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment