7.07.2009

Frustration and faithfulness.

A day for the blog.... So my morning started an hour and half earlier than normal with my little angel's voice screaming through the monitor. Okay, I can handle this. Turn on the Curious George emergency dvd and plop him in bed between my husband and I. Works for about one episode (14 min.).

Okay, let's go with the flow. We'll go shower, get breakfast, clean up the house before our mall playground play group. 4 minutes into the shower as I'm rinsing out my shampoo and trying to not step on the little one under my feet, the water pressure starts to slow down. I figure Tim's turned it on to shave at the sink. Wait a minute, the water pressure isn't slowing down, it's disappeared!!!! Yup, no water. None, zippo, zilch. Anywhere in the house.

Okay, we'll get this taken care of, jump out, dry off get pump figured out. Tim goes out the check the pump, goes to work, makes some calls, all the while I try to figure out how to feed Mason breakfast without making him dirty and having to rinse him off. Cheerios. Thank heavens for cereal.

Don and Tim check it out, think they know the problem. Part estimate = $600! Yeah, too much money. Tim figures he can fix it with the parts but can't do it till tomorrow.

My day hasn't been so great so far. Trusting God through this, because after I sat down and paid bills and budgeted out the rest, there wasn't an extra $600 in the books for new parts plus the cost of everything else to fix it. All the while I can't get a hold of my mom. At least I can cry to her. So as Tim and Josh are outside trying to investigate, I'm inside on the verge of tears with a dirty house, cranky baby and no dinner because I had no water all day to cook with.

God's gotta come through, because I'm about to lose it! And sure enough, He does. Right at the moment of my breaking point. I hear, "We've got water!" from the outside of the house and sure as day, I turn on the faucet and water flows out. So what do I do? Feed Mason dinner, put on a movie for him and hurriedly clean the house, mop the floors, wash some dishes, put in laundry and get both of us in the shower, you know just in case.

Then God comes back with some sweet surprises, a new posting on my Etsy store sold and one of my items got posted in a treasury. Okay, a better ending to the day than a beginning. God is faithful, all the time. And I'm more grateful for working water pumps. For the record, gummy bears do not come out of clothing well with just baby wipes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment