9.27.2011

Library Adventures....a little late

Confession.....my son is about to turn 4 this week and I just this month took him to the public library for the first time! Esh....yes, I am also an English teacher, who chides students for not using the library.

I know, I know, but in the past with working all day and then trekking to the library we just never got around to it. We always ended up at BAM and just bought the books to keep at home. Well now that we're working on a one income budget everything has to become more frugal in our family. So the other day we trekked off to the public library to check it out.

MJD had a blast. We did have a long conversation in the car about how he was only going to "borrow" the books and movies and that we would have to keep going back to return them and check out new ones.
(Returning them for the first time was painful for him!)

Having read my girlfriends post earlier in the week about her first library experience with her preschool aged daughter I was a bit more prepared than what I would have been....thanks Beck!

MJD loved his time looking at and reading books.

We even had him get his own library card!

Registering his information and learning the rules.
Passing the librarian his books and movies....see the card in front of him, yes, that's his!!!!
We took home a filled bag of books and movies for the week.
An added bonus, we ran into some friends and were able to go out into this nice little greenery area and blow bubbles as part of "dinosaur stomp", since our friends were exploring dinos that day.

Library day has now quickly become part of our weekly routine, helps me remember to return the movies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment