7.30.2010

Things I want to remember

  • MJD has learned Tim's name isn't just daddy. When I call across the house for him, I often hear a little echo calling, "Tim Daddy!"
  • Be it speech therapy, constant conversations, or just growing up, MJD is talking so much more and making a wonderful effort to communicate with words.
  • Pooping on the potty is becoming more consistent. We even had a successful delivery of the goods in a public restroom. Yuck, I know, but better than in the pants.
  • MJD is becoming so good with directions. I missed our turn to go to therapy and he calls out from the back seat, "there mama!" to tell me to turn back.
  • MJD LOVES his friends. He is constantly asking "my friend Cayman come my house?"
  • MJD learned how to pray himself. Well he repeats the prayer, holds hands and is the one to say "Amen."
  • Explaining the reality of God to a 2.75 year old is not an easy feat. So for now he's understood God lives in his heart, is everywhere and is good.
  • MJD will officially start preschool next month :) Only 2 mornings a week, but we're excited about this new phase in his life. Also hoping that the communication skills, listening skills, and social skills will continue to go up with the structured setting and consistent practice.
  • MJD loves trucks, cars, etc. His potty prize last time was a garbage truck from TS3. The child is starting to get too attached with garbage trucks :)
  • Nena has become a guilt card for MJD. He decides he doesn't like something we do and says, "I want Nena, I go Nena house."
  • Mr. Independent should be his nickname. He wants to try things on his own and he is constantly saying "I try."
  • Sharing is still and issue, hope it gets better soon.
  • Tantrums come and go, right now we're on an upswing from the bad. Seems like he is comprehending more and more and better able to reason through things.
  • MJD had a wonderful play date with Jackson (a.k.a. my Jack friend) the other night. It is so nice to see the two boys playing so well together.
  • When we tell MJD to stop crying or stop a fit or another consequence will occur, he wipes his face with his hands a few times and says, "all done crying"
  • MJD tries so hard to help out at home sometimes. He LOVES to use the spray bottles and do his "Cleaningingng"

No comments:

Post a Comment