7.30.2010

Baby Andrew

Last week during our Beth Moore video she talked about the difference between trials and tragedy. How so often we face minor inconveniences and annoyances and we call them trials or tragedies and grumble and complain about everything God is doing and how difficult things are, when the truth of the matter is all we are is annoyed at a situation.

She had a great week of lessons and a couple quotes really stuck out to me:
" Sometimes what we need to cure our fat egos is a strong dose of God." "If only we could realize that we make life so much more complicated when our approach to life is 'all about me.'"

Wow! How often do I make things about me and my minor annoyances when the truth is I am healthy, my family is healthy and while things aren't perfect in my life I am seriously blessed beyond measure.

This hits home so much more this week as I am praying for God's healing in the life of a little boy Andrew. Andrew was born a week ago to some friends of friends we know in Orlando. We met Brian and Wendy through another friend a few years ago. Their oldest son Timothy is about Mason's age, and they just welcomed baby Andrew into their family last week. When Wendy took Andrew for his 5 day appt. the doctor heard a heart murmur and sent her to the cardiologist. At the cardiologist office they rushed the baby to the children's hospital.

Now baby Andrew is on a respirator, ventilator, and being pumped with lots of medicines. Apparently his heart is barely functioning and the doctors don't yet know why. Wendy is walking through tragedy. As they wait and see if baby Andrew will be coming home with them or going home to the Lord, her faith is shaken, her body weak, and her family fearful. Yet, God is still in control, and she knows that.

Every time I think selfishly, I remind myself of Andrew and this trial in Wendy's life. I pray for their faith to sustain them, that God would heal Andrew, that Brian and Wendy would draw their strength from Him and they would see the glory of God all around them.

I cannot, as a mother, even begin to fathom the pain of leaving a hospital without your newborn in your arms, of not holding your child, of being in pain when you should be feeling joy. So if you read this post and you know the power of prayer, please join with me in praying Brian, Wendy, and baby Andrew through this trial so that it may result in healing and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment