7.11.2010

Mama vs. Mommy

Things have been busy the last week or two. So much going on and so little time to blog about things. Rather than blog about everything, I think I'll just do one.

Some where along the lines of the last 10 days I went from being "mama" to my little guy to "mommy." I'm not sure there's any real difference to him, but to me hearing "mommy" come out of his little mouth makes him sound like such a big boy.

Silly, I know, but somehow it's changed things. Not sure if it changed me, him, the way I see him, or the way he sees me. All I know is that he's growing up super quick. I'm not the kind of mom who wants him to be a baby forever. I enjoy the transitions and the changes. I love watching him grow out of one stage and step into another, and I look forward to all the stages yet to come.

With that said, some days it feels like time just slips away. Moments of tenderness pass too quickly. I don't want to freeze frame his life, just want to make some special moments last a little longer.

So for now, I'm enjoying the moments when I'm still just "mama" and he sounds like a little boy, and I'm learning what "mommy" sounds like when he's being all independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment