6.27.2010

A new respect for pudding

Pride comes before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

Okay, this is funny. So get ready to smile at me as I take you through this pudding journey.....

Ready?!

Tomorrow morning a couple girlfriends and their kids are supposed to come over to decorate some holiday shirts and make cow shirts for CFA Cow Appreciation Day. Me wanting to be a great hostess, and perhaps part of the pride I'm supposed to be breaking free of (thank you very much Beth Moore, it's not easy!) wanted to have a nice lunch and snack prepared. Add to that all the budget ideas we've been implementing in our home, I decided to make pudding and use these adorable little tupperware containers Nena gave for Mason's snacks. Why pay $3 for pudding cups when I can do it at home for $.49!

So Mason is assisting me pour pudding, and since he'd just gone to timeout for disobedience, he is behaving quite well. All the pudding is made and scooped up into the tiny little containers, with their tops on waiting to go to the fridge for tomorrow. Perfect huh?! (At this point, I am feeling quite accomplished for having made pudding with a 2 year old, hence the reason a camera was close by.)




In a moment of weakness, stupidity, sheer love for my little man, who knows, I decided to give him some pudding in one of the little cups. Before I could get a spoon, he is licking it out. Okay, no big deal, there's only a little bit what could happen!? I turn around to put the milk back in the fridge and I see some pudding ready to drip off of little man's container. Wanting to keep it clean, I go to wipe it off. His hand moves, mine moves and then next thing I know the container drops on the floor.OHHHHHH! Breathe, it's just pudding, it was an accident. Okay, get this cleaned up. I tell LMM to lick the pudding off his knee....Memo to me, this results in pudding on the clean shirt :( I get the shirt off of him and about to soak into some Nature Bright so I tell him to eat the pudding out of the leftover mixer bowl.......


I just about have the floor cleaned up when all of a sudden more little containers fall to the ground and splatter open all over the almost clean floor......somehow when Mason moved the mixer bowl it knocked over the little ones.......

All I can think at this point, is please Lord, let there be enough containers so each kid can still have one tomorrow! Sure enough, there are just enough.

Sometimes life just happens and you have to go with it, sometimes you make your own mess, sometimes you just have to enjoy the pudding and remember that we put a smile on God's face. He'll certainly use anything to teach us something..... Now if you'll excuse me, I have a kitchen floor to mop....

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lordy!!! What an ordeal! Well told. Sounds like you handled it so well. Great moment to capture!
    Yea, God was smiling and I did too!

    ReplyDelete