12.25.2009

WHEH! It's Christmas

Now that the presents have been opened, the food eaten and naps taken. It's hard to imagine all the work is done and we're at the end of Christmas. Little Man was so overwhelmed with all the presents, yeah I'm the mom who wraps each little thing so he has millions to open, that we had to take a break, play for a while and then finish when Papa and Grammy came over for lunch.

It's been a great day. I was so excited last night about "Santa coming" and wanting everything to be great for little man, that I hardly slept last night, but oh well. Mason's winning presents were his super cool new Buzz and McQueen sippy cups, a red laser light for Mocha, and his talking Buzz and Woody dolls.

From 7 to 9 this morning we sat and opened presents and watched Mason oh and ah at toys and jammies and books. We stopped to open all the ridiculous twist ties and plastic boxes so Mason could get some toys in use. Everyone got ready for Papa and Grammy to come, and we had a feast of a lunch with some great Daddy grilled steaks and my yummy potato crisps. After eating for a few hours we then took a short nap and got to more playing.

I've been collecting little gifts for the past few months when I found them on clearance so it's been great. I had a ton of things to wrap, which was a pain, but Mason loved opening things. Of course some toys will get put away for later on, so that the novelty of everything doesn't wear off. And between all the family getting him gifts only a couple of toys were duplicated, so it's nice to not have too many returns.

It's Christmas. My husband and son are outside on the playground. My sister and brother in law are resting from the Mason whirlwind, and our home has been blessed by an abundance of love. In spite of the challenges this year, God has been abundantly good.

Off to go play with my boys and enjoy the rest of the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment