8.24.2011

Quick little craft...or gifts

MJD and I have been having a lot of fun at home with different projects and ideas. While he is in school and learning a ton of things there, the teacher in me and crafty mama part of me keeps coming out and he tends to be my test subject :)

While on Pinterest....yes, I know, it's my drug of choice these days, I saw plastic caps recycled into kid stamps....well the cap idea felt too cheapy to me, so we used foam instead.

This is perfect for us now as MJD has been into "stamping" his crafts and stamps for kids are either way too pricey for us or teeny tiny little ones.

I found cute little foam stickers and foam blocks in the Target $1 bins and this photo box I had in my stash from a sale at Michaels way back when. The ink stamps were also from a clearance, but I saw some in the $1 bins as well. (And for $3 you can make a lot of stamps and have an ink pad.)

MJD and I stuck the foam stickers onto the foam boxes and voila! Instant stamps to play with.

We made some sets for some of our friends that had birthdays coming up to add to their art stashes. And to spice up the box a bit I used some of my vinyl and my Cricut to cut out their names and put it on their stamp boxes. Now the stamps have a home and the kiddos can play. (Plus, when the stamps get kinda gross, I have no issue throwing them away and making some more.)
Sorry for the reflection in the last photo, stinking camera and lighting.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you'd made those!! Cayman LOVES his stamps. I'm glad I remembered that I can color on the stamps with markers to give him a variety of colors too...because I have no Target or Michaels to go to to buy more stamp pads. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Target!?!?!?!?! Holy Batman! We might just have to send you some love boxes again.

    ReplyDelete