5.02.2010

Sunday Morning stones

When Scripture says, "for this too shall pass" I have to wonder if the writer was referring to kidney stones????

(Seriously, I know not, but the thought made me smile this morning, and it's been a long morning.)

My hubby had his 3rd ER visit for kidney stones in our 5 years of marriage. UGH! I love the man, but morning visits to the ER are miserable, especially when the strong, powerful, amazing man you love is writhing in pain.

My girlfriend, who went through natural delivery the first time with no pain meds, had kidney stones before and said she would prefer childbirth any day to having another kidney stone. They really must be awful!

Not at all how I planned my day... was supposed to get up early, prep again for my preschool lesson at church, get a Sunday paper, teach my kiddies, lunch with the boys and maybe some family outing. Instead I spent 3-10 am with my husband suffering with him suffering with kidney stones.

I hate when he's sick, it makes me feel so helpless. I can't touch him because it causes more pain, I can't relieve the pain, I can't take the pain, etc. So I pray. While the pain doesn't go away, the LORD still provided the next best thing..... an ER doctor who had stones in the past, trusted the pain was real, knew the symptoms, didn't waste time and give a quadruple does of pain narcotics. I suppose it really is the details of the situation that show God's sovereignty.

I'm tired. Finally got a little sleep, so I'm no longer delirious and only functioning in survival mode. It's crazy how the adrenaline makes you survive then crash. Off to get more sleep while LMM is with Papa playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment