5.25.2010

It's Over

That's it, the 2009-10 school year has come to close for me. WHEW! I am still a relatively new teacher, as far as it goes, but this year was rough.

Tough crew of kids we had in our grade this year. Quite sad and frustrating. Talent was hidden and shadowed away by all of life's junk.

I got the opportunity to teach a technology class this year which was a nice change/break from my typical English class. However, by the time I got into the swing of things, I discovered I had to move back into the English department. God knows what He's doing with me, even if it's not exactly what I want. I have certainly grown and strengthened over the year. Learning more about myself as a teacher and all things education. (By the way, I usually blog at night when my brain is on overload and I'm pooped, so don't hold against me the fact that I should have good grammar, spelling, modifiers, etc.)

I've reached the 5 year teaching mark and had to renew my certificate. NEVER dreamed I would actually teach that long. I was supposed to stay home with kids before this point. Once again, God knows what He's doing in my life. I had so many in-service points that I renewed my license and have enough "banked" for the next time should I renew again.

So much to absorb from this year. I must remember to learn from the good and bad, savor the good and release the bad.

BAD :(
  • People, both children and adults are mean spirited and that's tough to deal with.
  • Deception hurts, all the time.
  • Not every child cares to learn as much as I do, which is sad.
  • Girls are so insecure in themselves, it's frightening to watch as I'm more aware of it now.
  • Having to work in an environment where kids don't want to be there is often a difficult challenge.
  • Kids are growing up way to fast. I don't want that for my little man.
  • The pay is lousy.
GOOD :)
  • There are people who genuinely enjoy my contributions and desire to work with me.
  • When God brings me to a situation, He will make the path straight and successful for His glory.
  • Children need love more than anything in this world.
  • There is a purpose for me to be where I am.
  • Just when you feel like all hope is lost, there will be one kid who can make you smile.
  • Kids just want respect, give them that and you can change their lives.
  • New opportunities are on the horizon for me professionally if God wants me to take them.
  • God has gifted me with something and in spite of themselves, I really do love working with the "squirrely" middle school kids.
  • I can throw a great party for my little "paparazzi posse."
  • When God moves me away from myself and uses me to make a difference in the life of kid, it feels really good.
  • I work hard with other people's kids because I want a teacher to touch my child's life one day when I won't be able to.
Off to bed, much to do tomorrow morning before turning in keys. So glad the summer is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment