6.24.2009

Projects

One of the nicest things about this vacation has been having others to help watch Mason during the day so I can work on some of my new projects. Here's how I've come along.

Project 1- Network for my Etsy store: I made the mistake of listing my items and bailing. I sat around and waited for sales thinking it would just magically happen, I'd sell everything and make money. HA! Not the way it works. So I've been online networking, blogging, commenting and researching. SUCCESS! I have a giveaway on a blog next week for a crayon caddy which will hopefully help people come through the store and create more publicity. Check it out on www.organicmama.blogspot.com

Project 2- Making hand stamped metal jewelry. So I saw a necklace online that I wanted to get for a friend of mine having her second baby. Then I thought about the 4 other friends having babies this summer and my husband told me that rather then buy all the necklaces I should buy the materials and supplies and make them. So after screwing some up, I have finally made some that I'm happy with. It's an easy process, but dangerous in the sense that if you screw it up, you're screwed. Unlike sewing, where you can use the seam ripper and start over, once you screw up the metal disc, there not much you can do to save it. But I've rather enjoyed it :)

Project 3-Learning how to make new things. While I have loved making crayon caddies, Woobie blankets and paci clips, I want something new. Not necessarily to use for sale, but more for just the sake of knowing how to make things. So I found www.makeitandloveit.blogspot.com which is great site for learning how to make homemade things. I definitely want to make some of the felt hair clips for my nieces. :)

Project 4- Exercise- well if you read my earlier post on this you're up to date. I've been doing the 30 day Shred by Jillian Michaels and have loved it. Feeling great!

No comments:

Post a Comment