6.08.2009

Day one at home :)

Today was my first official day of summer as a stay at home mama. It was quite a day.

Started out with Mason waking up way earlier than normal, about an hour grrr!
Then breakfast while I cleaned the house. Followed by a bath in my big tub while I jumped in the shower to get clean and still be able to see him. (MISTAKE 1)

About 3 minutes before I was about to get out I hear. "Uh oh" Never a good sound from a one year old. I peeked out of the shower door and saw a lot of poop floating in the tub and Mason saying "dir" which is equivalent to dirty. Here we go.

I grab him out of the tub and stick him in the shower with me to clean and disinfect him off. Get us out of the shower, dry him off, scramble to his room to dress him all the while dreading what awaits me. Search out cleaning gloves and bleach. Lots and lots of bleach.

Head back to the tub and begin bleaching everything while Mason stands nearby repeating "dirty" over and over as I try to PATIENTLY and LOVINGLY explain that poop belongs in the toilet not the tub. Bleach everything and throw some things away, just for precautionary measures. Finally get ready to take care of me and the mess I've become :)

Lunch while Mason watches the neighbor mow the grass, and my second mistake of the day, going to clean off the plates while he ate his chocolate pudding. Had to patiently and lovingly explain that chocolate paint is not war paint and clean him up.

Run to Toys R Us to meet up with Daddy and get a new shopping cart for Mason to tote around his belongings. Run to Target for errands, and then home for a nap. Mason decides his 2 minutes snooze is enough and spends 30 minutes tossing in his crib before sleep comes. In the meantime I try to assemble his cart. I get all the pieces but the wheels. Seriously, putting toys together should not be this difficult. Call it quits and take a nap.

Nap time ends to ringing cell phone :( Baby wakes, laundry, dishes, dinner and dessert to make. Get it all done, Daddy arrives on time. Dinner and a trip to the mall to play in the playground before bedtime.

Baby sleeps, I do a workout dvd and realize how bad of shape I'm in and suffer for a half hour, grrr. Shower, work on my store, blog and bed. Just to wake up and see what tomorrow holds. Today could have been a challenge, but I loved every second of it. Because I spent the entire day with my little man and savored every minute of it. Well minus the poop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment