8.08.2012

VPK here we come!!!

I thought that since I've done the preschool thing before that this year would be a piece of cake for me....HA! While I didn't cry, I have to admit I did get more choked up than I thought....maybe just pregnancy hormones?!?!?

We did our normal first day of school photo....shadowing isn't great but the sun wasn't cooperating with me :/
 
 
We all went off to breakfast as a family like we do each year.
 
Finally, this year I remembered to get Daddy to take a picture of the two of us outside of school together :) 

 Hannah was walking in when we were, so we got to take a picture together.
 He looks so stinking grown up....how did that happen so quickly?
 His little band of buddies
 Upon entering he went right on in to his seat and started his activity, yeah!
 His teacher had him come sign into the class by writing his name and seeing what his job for the day was. Such a cute idea!
 Off to a great year with Ms. Brenda.

I should have come home for the day, but stayed in town with a friend, ran errands, had lunch with my man and then waited in pick up while the little one napped. When he got in the car, he was super happy and said he had a great day. (I had also surprised him with a little "first day of school" gift from Nena in his chair!) I was a little nervous about the long day since he's there past lunch now, but he did great. We had discussed that lunch bunch time wasn't going to be the end of his day anymore. 

After he got home he climbed up in bed and passed out with his new little race cars and is still sleeping while his brother plays and I catch up around the house. 

I am super glad he is off to a great start, but also kinda glad I get to keep him to myself tomorrow for the day before we go back to school again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment