6.05.2012

Moments

I don't always pause and allow the moment to happen.....I am glad it happened today while we were in the car.

MJD: When you die you go to heaven?

Me: Yes if you believe in Jesus and ask him to live in your heart.

MJD: If you don't go to heaven you go to hell?

Me: Yes

MJD: Are there benches?

Me: In hell? I don't know baby. But mommy won't be there, I am going to heaven.

MJD: Because you are a good person and love Jesus.

Me: Well mommy isn't always a good person. But I asked Jesus in my heart. Do you know how to do that?

MJD: Jesus makes your heart not black anymore?

Me: Yes, I told Jesus I am sorry for my sin, when I do bad things, and He came in my heart.

MJD: When you do bad things you say sorry to Jesus and he comes back in?

Me: Well once you ask him in your heart he never leaves, but when you do something bad you make him sad, so you have to say sorry and ask for help to be good.

MJD closes his eyes and I hear him mumble something of a prayer in the back seat....all I catch is "sorry" and "make my heart not black"

I don't quite know what all he processes and understands at this tender age of 4.....I want to make sure I don't push what isn't ready yet.....something is brewing.....I want him to have a relationship more than a religion to grow up in.....Lord, lead this so I don't screw him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment