4.19.2012

Seasons

I have never been the kind of mom who laments a baby growing up. I have learned to love the different seasons and stages my boys go through. With that said....I know this season in my life is complicated, to say the least.

My days are the best functioning part of my day and even that isn't great. With MJD at school in town 3 mornings I try to get errands run and stay in town with minimal driving. So my non preschool days have been jam packed lately, I have dropped off my boys with my MIL when I feel too sick to blink. (And a shout out to a very helpful and kind MIL who has graciously stepped in and helped in many ways.) So after thought, reflection and my soundboard husband I am scaling life back a bit, which sadly I have included cutting back my weekday women's Bible study.....

I could come up with a millions reasons to justify it and a million reason why I should be there....but today I played with my boys, stopped everything for snack on the kitchen floor, baked brownies with my big, made dinner at home, had the power go out during lunch and went on a spur of the moment run for lunch, napped with my sweeties, made a pet store and built a Lego town.....and intentionally had a fun day!

So while I can't control all the things in life, I can be intentionally in control of making sweet memories with my littles.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I'm sad that you have to miss out on your time with the ladies but overjoyed that you get to spend more time with your boys.

    ReplyDelete