12.24.2010

Merry Christmas Eve

I LOVE Christmas!!!!! Like LOVE with a passion.... Maybe it was the way I was raised, maybe it was because of how special my parents made the season for me as a child, who knows, but I love it.

And now that I have my own children and get to be Santa, I want to make the Christmas season special for my sons. Not just the presents and gift giving, but the caroling, the worship services, the family, the meals shared, and the memories made that they will treasure for a lifetime.

So yes, in our home we believe in Santa....I want my kids to be little as long as they can, to enjoy the season of belief and the joys of imagination.

I want the gift giving to be fun and festive, so they learn the joys of giving and the reason behind God's heart of love and His most precious gift.

So in our home we wrap every little present....yes, we shop on a budget, but we sure do have fun.
We make cookies by scratch, leave a note for Santa, make reindeer food, and watch Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer before bed.

Santa's special plate with a note from Mason....with some help from Mommy.


All the presents wrapped and ready for a very excited little boy to wake up....


The way MJD will find Santa's cookie plate in the morning...crumbs, melted ice and a bag with the ambulance he requested...



Merry Christmas Eve to you and your family. Hope your Santa is good to you. Hope joy fills your home, peace invades your life and you enjoy every precious moment with your loved ones. Our LORD is so good and we give Him praise for all his blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment