10.27.2009

Good mommy night.

Last night was a great mommy night. Tim had to pick up Mason as I had a doctor appointment and when I got home, Mason was all about mommy.

We ate dinner in the big recliner together, (not our usual dinner practice, but it was a quick meal) split a milkshake for dessert, read 6 books together under our fuzzy blanket, (we got through about 60% of an entire George story, which was really good for his attention span) played with his cars, and then he wanted the lights dark so we shut off the lights, chilled in the recliner and I scratched his back and tummy.

No computers, no t.v., no phone calls. Just Mason and mommy spending the night together doing whatever he wanted. He curled up on my lap, gave me a kiss and I haven't had such a great evening in a while. I put him to bed and just stood at his crib side grateful for such a wonderful night. Nights that refresh me as a mom and strengthen him as my son. Just good mommy nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment