10.27.2009

Yuck!

Saturday morning as we were preparing to get ready for breakfast and our trip to the pumpkin patch, I was in my room digging for clothes in my drawer and trying to make the bed when little man came into my room from his with his shoes and favorite car shirt. I had told him we were going to get in the shower soon, so I didn't think much of his walking into the bathroom.

I was literally mere moments from following him in there when he emerged from the bathroom with a wet shoe. Instantly my mind processed where he could have gotten the shoe wet.....

Sink was too high. Shower wasn't on yet, and there was no bath running. Oh no, the toilet. My very not toilet bowl playing son had finally dunked a toy in the toilet. When I went to the bathroom, about a nanosecond after my brain processed where the shoe got wet, I quickly found his shirt soaked as well as the shoe. YUCK!

Well after doing the mommy thing, making a big deal out of the issue, letting little man know in a stern yet calm voice that toilets are not in anyway acceptable play places and quickly sticking him and myself in the shower, Mason began to cry. He got the clue it was a bad idea, but what bothered him the most was that we refused to let him hold the toilet soaked truck shirt.

I know boys do things like this when they're little, hence why I've seen toilet locks at people's homes, but I had hoped to bypass that stage of a boy's life. I guess I didn't get so lucky. Hopefully I will be lucky enough to not have to go through this again.

Needless to say all the toilets in my house are severely sanitized just in case, and there is a greater awareness of his location in the bathroom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment