1.02.2013

New Year...New Committments

Resolutions seem ridiculous....people say I am going to lose 10 pounds this year then by March have put money down the drain in gym fees and stuffed their bellies with pizza and beer. Seems so cliche to me....but I do believe in the power of writing out goals and working toward something. So this past week while Tim had a couple days off of work we talked about where we would like to see ourselves and our family a year from now.

Here's what we came up with:

As a family:
* Have a family date at least once a month. Playing at the park, picnic, beach, bike trails, zoo, etc.
* Work on making sure we eat as many meals together as possible so we can sit and chat face to face with each other.
* Take 10 mins each night before bed and pick clothing out for the next day, straighten up each "station" we have and go to bed with a house picked up and ready for the next day.
* Get rid of the credit cards, completely plastic debt free.
* Save $3,000 into an emergency fund.
* Be intentional in reaching out and making friendships with our friends stronger.
* Take a family vacation to Disney in December for our 30th birthday week. 

I'd really like to fit back into my pre-baby jeans this year!!!! I have a closet full of clothes that had at one point fit me and would love to wear some of the stuff again. Hopefully in a couple months when this milk monster isn't such a tyrant and is on table food I can get away for chunks of time a few days a week and get into the gym. I know it's going to take time, so I'm being real about wanting to wear my clothes by at least his birthday :)

It's been on my heart to also be incredibly intentional about praying specific things for my man each day, so I've set a reminder on my phone to do just that each day. 

So there.....I wrote it out. Let's see where we're at and what we can check off the list in 363 days!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I want to go to Disney!! :) We'll have to plan that one year - not sure if we'll be ready by Dec to go though. Love all your goals!

    ReplyDelete