1.22.2013

New Adventure


So.....in keeping with working toward my goals for 2013.....I opened up a business from home. Ugh. That last statement holds a lot in it. I have a friend who sells Thirty One Gifts and have gone to these party events for several years now and every time I go I purchase items. I love the stuff. Well, after Thanksgiving I hosted my second 31 Party and while chatting with my bestie she mentioned purchasing the "consultant kit" to split the items and then just get the products cheaper.....so the wheels started turning and what was going to be a one time purchase has now turned into a business.....so I've been praying and praying and again praying some more over this and feel like on top of tightening our budget, cutting all corners, increasing income with Tim at work over time, this might be something I can do from home with a few outings here and there for parties and reap a little financial reward so I have some cash in our "fun" account. (Which let's face it just pays for play dates and the boys getting hungry when we go out and wanting CFA.)

Well the Big Pink box arrived at my house last week.....I stared at it for a few days overwhelmed. Ugh, I really did pull the trigger on that decision, huh? Then I opened it and felt more overwhelmed. Really? What was I thinking? Everyone I know locally is a little over Thirty One parties, no body ever wants to spend money in January because all the bills from Christmas have just come in, and I am so not a sales person. I can be chatty, but I don't quite know how to "sell" or talk people into things, and I hate when people try it on me so I don't want to be "that person". So this is surprisingly out of my comfort zone!

And yet....once again I am testing this power of prayer thing.....after praying for 3 days about how in the world am I even going to be able to do a party to just recover my outgoing expense.....He did it. Totally booked my first party! And I got a bunch of great ideas from folks for some parties later on.

And while I'm not sure it will actually happen, because my hostess has to get enough guests to commit to coming to make it worth while for the 2 hour drive up, it's a glimmer of possibility. So, once again, with a little less hesitation this time....I am stepping out in faith. Believing in something bigger than me and moving away from my comfort zone. And this time, it hurts a little less than before, I'm a little more excited to see what is around the bend and I have more faith knowing who is really in charge of things. (I'm starting to sound like one of those people who says everything is a God thing......and I'm ok with that :)

Eek! I have a lot to learn before this weekend!
https://www.mythirtyone.com/njdrumm/

P.S. Any out of towners who ever want to host a catalog party to earn free product let me know! I'll have to try one of those as well here soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment