11.05.2011

Blessings

I was going to post on Blessings the other day and then after a recent phone conversation, it felt more fitting tonight....As I some days struggle as to the why of God's timing, why He doesn't do things a certain way, why things haven't worked out easily for my parents to come home, why all these difficult struggles in life I am reminded to count my blessings.
So as my perspective has changed, and I've changed my viewpoint away from myself and more onto His sovereignty this song and these blessings keep coming to mind and strengthening my heart.....



As I think about the blessings that have come from the season of life I've had without my family near by I have learned....

How to work our marriage problems within the safety and security of my marriage without running to "tattle" to my family.
How to raise children on my own with my husband.
How to be confident in myself as a woman without living in a shadow.
How to extend mercy and grace to others because I have learned how desperately I need it.
How to go outside of my comfort zone to make friends because I don't have family to lean on near by.
How sweet it is to have a support group of friends.
How much I value and appreciate my parents' wisdom and guidance because I don't have to then near to help with things all the time, so when I do get wisdom or words of encouragement from them it is so much sweeter.
How to be a mother on my own.
How to step back from being a mother and let my own mother simply be a grandmother.
How to depend on my husband to provide, protect, and care for our family without the security of my father.
How to document and savor memories and events.
How to slow down and enjoy what really matters.
How to be grateful for gifts that my parents give us and the boys rather than feeling entitled.
How to care for my parents rather than then always caring for me.
How to be a friend with my mother and not just a daughter.
How to trust God to care for things.
How sweetly I can feel His presence around me.
How aware I am of His love for me.

I don't know why our prayers for them to return haven't been answered yet. I know that they will be though, in His time and in His way. I know He desires good and perfect gifts for us. I know He loves us and will direct our paths. I know He is faithful and good and trustworthy. So when my weakness grows greater than my faith, I remind myself that He is always blessing us, even when what we're walking through doesn't feel like a blessing. Being without my family these past 5 years has hardly felt like a blessing at times, but if I look back at what He has done for me, I can see how clearly He is blessing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment