7.07.2011

Wild at Heart


Hubs is working through the video series "Wild at Heart" with the guys from church at IronMen. I really love him spending time with the men in Bible study because I know how much I appreciate the ladies in the women's study and how much I need them. So I try to encourage him to do it as much as possible. Summer time is great because we both go at the same time and it's not a burden on one or the other of us to watch kids or be alone at home.

Anyways, back to the study. He's not a "book reader" so when I told him to buy the book he shrugged it off. Then when a friend gave him an audio copy he was stoked to start it. We decided to read, well listen, to it together. What an amazing book and such great insight into the world of men! It is astounding to me how in a few hours of going through this book I've been able to figure out years of things that didn't make sense, I didn't understand, tucked away in my mind, etc.

I started it because I thought it would be good to know as a mother of boys, but the more I learn the more I realize it's amazing for our marriage. I need to know this stuff so I can be a better wife, support my man, be a better mother, help my husband in raising our boys, etc.

We're a little more than half way through the book. The "shoulder to shoulder" time has been wonderful. I hate having to turn off the audio because it's such good stuff.

Seriously, if you haven't read this book before, you should definitely read it. Or if you want an audio copy let me know and I'll send you the c.d.s. REALLY GOOD STUFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment