5.17.2009

Silence

The house is silent, well as I say that the AC kicked on. :) I'm home on a Sunday morning in peaceful silent bliss. My home is hardly ever silent, and even if the baby is sleeping, I am up and doing something like cleaning or cooking or working while he sleeps so I can get it done. I got some stomach bug last night and Tim suggested I stay home from church and rest and now I'm just savoring the silence.
It's amazing as moms, well at least me, how much I feel I need to accomplish during the day. And granted some days I really do need to be productive and busy, but the business of life sometimes gets in the way of the quiet of life. I have several things I could get up and do right now, clean the floors, laundry, make lunch, finish painting the room, etc. but for a while I'm just going to enjoy the silence. I'm going to just enjoy the time alone to rest and lay still. No work, no worries, just quiet rest. For all too soon my bubbly baby boy will come through the door saying "mama play" and the day will go on with the normal noise and chatter of life's business.

No comments:

Post a Comment