5.23.2009

The boy's gang.

I spent the day with my boys at the zoo. But we had a special guest with us today too, Uncle Josh. I had read the book by James Dobson, "Raising Boys" a while ago, and today's adventures made me think about how blessed I am to have such amazing men in my son's life. It's a blessing in and of itself to have a wonderful godly husband to raise our son and be a wonderful father, but it's also a wonderful blessing to have Tim's great friends in Mason's life. As I consider the kind of man I want my son to grow up to become I look around and the great guys that surround our life and have in a way become a part of our family. It's such an encouragement to see Mason smile, play and even obey Josh. I love watching him run into Drew's arms at church.
I don't know what life will hold for us and which friends will walk through it long term with us and Mason, but I am so grateful for the godly influences not only in my husband's life but also in my son's life. There are so many young kids out there without two parents and so many boys whose father's don't take enough of an interest in their lives, and I have a wonderful husband who adores our son as well as his great friends who invest in our son's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment