1.18.2011

Nursery update

Nursery renovation began in our home!!!!

The room is painted and some furniture moved it. We've begun to slowly get out baby gear....amazing how one tiny little creature requires such large equipment and items.

When thinking about the theme and feel of this little bean's room I feel in love with greens and browns. Not traditional nursery colors, but it felt so right for him. Something about it makes me feel so peaceful and strong, much as I suppose he'll be.




The room still has quite a ways to go, but we have time yet. Instead of the traditional buying of a crib set, I decided to match everything to a blanket I had fallen in love with. A friend of mine is on a top secret mission and working with me on the wall display that will hang about his bed.

I am super excited about this project, but won't be revealing it till he comes :)

I ordered some fabrics to make make baskets for his shelves and hope to do that next month and then am working on a couple ideas for the wall opposite his crib that will involve pictures of him when he arrives.

The pictures above kind of make the room look like it is two different shades of green, but they aren't just the lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment