8.25.2010

HITCHED

I love HITCHED.

It's been an amazing blessing in our lives. So much so, that after the groups got too big and we were asked to start one at our house, I felt so incredibly scared. Seriously, how was I supposed to have a meeting in my house and make it something special for others the way it had been special in our lives.

But we stepped out of fear, put aside our past hurts and pain and said if you need us we're here. So now we've got 2 other couples at our house Wednesday night, 5 kids, one yappy dog and an amazing Rosie. It's small. I was a little nervous that people wouldn't be interested in a super small group. But as we sat around the table tonight, shared our lives, shed some tears, held hands and offered up prayers and thanksgiving, all I could think was "I love you too, Lord."

After what had been a difficult day, filled with fear, doubt, exhaustion, sickness, fights, work, bad news, stress, God just did His thing, like He always does.

When all I felt like doing at 5 p.m. was calling it quits, God stepped in, showed up and we had am amazing night.

As hard as it was to grow out of our old group, I LOVE our Hitched group. I really do love the people who we get to share our lives with.

I can't wait to write more Hitched posts, because I find I grow so much through the lives of others. So here's to walking out my faith, one day at a time, with some wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment